Blog list on CakePHP's Main Page

Ravage84

Jul 24, 2013, 6:12:04 PM7/24/13
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
Hello folks

Recently I stumpled upon the linked blogs on CakePHP's main page:
http://cakephp.org/
Click on "Read + Learn"
Under "Read

Just a few of the blogs"

You find the following links (+ my comments):

- The Bakery
Some activity, often poor content, but you know that already ;-)

- Mark Story
Da man...

- CakeDC Team
http://www.cakedc.com/articles
Outdated ;-/

- AD7Six
http://ad7six.com/
Outdated ;-/

- Nuts and Bolts of CakePHP
http://nuts-and-bolts-of-cakephp.com/
Recent activity, I think this one was down last time I checked *confused*

- Missing: dereuromark aka Mark Scherrer
http://www.dereuromark.de/
Quite some activity, would be a worthwile addition

I guess it wouldn't hurt if this list was updated and the outdated/inactive blogs get removed.
If people are looking for a specific CakePHP topic they will use Google anyway.

Thanks
Marc

Frank de Graaf (Phally)

Jul 26, 2013, 11:43:13 AM7/26/13
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
phally.com lol

ADmad

Jul 27, 2013, 8:55:40 AM7/27/13
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
I would suggest simply removing that list and replace with something we don't have to bother about keeping up to date :)

Ravage84

Jul 28, 2013, 10:54:33 AM7/28/13
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
Well what do you envision as replacement?
Because if it is something that isn't moderated we would only get a worse result in the end.

And something that is moderated must be built first and then also kept maintained (application and data-wise).

I prefer to KISS ;-)
The list itself isn't that bad. May be it could be moved to the book? That would make maintaining more easily.

I don't think that list will change too often since there are not so many (really good and worth-while) blogs to read about CakePHP.

Ciao
Marc

Jose Diaz-Gonzalez

Jul 28, 2013, 8:29:35 PM7/28/13
to cakeph...@googlegroups.com
We've had issues with moderation in the past - bakery being a prime example - and as such anything of that nature is a pita to deal with.