CAIS/ACSI 2021 Annual Conference, June 7-10 - free & open online

Robyn Stobbs

May 22, 2021, 7:56:18 AM5/22/21
to CAIS/ACSI
The CAIS Co-Chairs are pleased to announce that the full program and schedule for the 49th CAIS conference “Northern Relations: Connecting the Unexpected and Overlooked to Information Science” is now available online at: https://www.cais2021.ca/.

Please join us from June 7-10, 2021 for this free, open virtual conference. No registration is required.

This year’s CAIS conference theme “Northern Relations: Connecting the Unexpected and Overlooked to Information Science” invites reflection upon library and information science as a diverse and relational field. Inspired by the overlooked, entangled, unexpected, and novel approaches to scholarship, teaching, and practice, we considered the many ways that library and information science can offer diverse and inclusive perspectives on data, information, knowledge, libraries, pedagogy, place, space, relationships, and communities.

This year’s presenters took up our call, enabling us to offer a program featuring a keynote, 23 papers, 9 posters, and 2 panels that challenge the status quo and deeply consider our contemporary times.

We are delighted to have Dr. Beth Patin as our keynote speaker. Dr. Patin argues for a paradigm shift in information science by inviting us to consider the knowledge systems, practices, and transformative methodologies that have been traditionally excluded from our field in her keynote: “Unexpected and overlooked: Understanding epistemicide in information science.”

The University of Alberta is situated on traditional Treaty 6 territory and homeland of the Métis peoples. Amiskwaciwâskahikan / ᐊᒥᐢᑲᐧᒋᕀᐋᐧᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ / Edmonton.

Tami Oliphant toli...@ualberta.ca
School of Library and Information Studies, University of Alberta

Robyn Stobbs sto...@ualberta.ca
Research Data Management Librarian, Athabasca University
PhD Candidate, Human Ecology & Library and Information Studies, University of Alberta

Adam Worrall wor...@ualberta.ca
School of Library and Information Studies, University of Alberta

------

Robyn Stobbs, MLIS
PhD Candidate,
Departments of Human Ecology and