data in dot_line_plot

Olivier

May 10, 2009, 8:03:49 AM5/10/09
to CairoPlot
Hi all,
just played a bot with cairoplot. the resulting graphs are nice but I
wonder about the data argument for dot_line_plot (the only one I
tried)
When plotting dots I am expecting to give x,y coordinated to the
points I want to plot while it seems dot_line_plots only accepts y
coordinates and assume that x goes from 0 to the number of values in
y. This is rather limited.
look at the plot function in matplotlib for example of data.
Or am I missing something ?
Olivier

andre v

May 10, 2009, 5:11:25 PM5/10/09
to cair...@googlegroups.com
There is a scatter pot in the bzr trunk that does x,y plotting.

dot_line_plots is basically a line_plot but with dots - yeah a bit useless.

Rodrigo Araújo

May 10, 2009, 6:34:57 PM5/10/09
to cair...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, what Andre said is correct.
The dot_line_plot exists for someone who has the data and doesn't want to lose time creating the x axis values for the points to exist.

It is still there for historical reasons, the scatter_plot was created after it and also does its job.

Download the trunk version and use the scatter_plot function or the ScatterPlot class.

We'll be releasing a new version soon.

Thanks for the interest,

Rodrigo

andre v

May 10, 2009, 6:45:25 PM5/10/09
to cair...@googlegroups.com
About the new version have you had a change to look at the number
humanization thing i sent?