CONCORD AREA HUMANISTS

Patrick Everett

Sep 22, 2015, 8:32:40 AM9/22/15
to CAHum...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Below, and attached as a printable file, is the poster for our main October CAH event.  We appreciate your printing the poster and placing it on any suitable bulletin boards that are available to you.  They include libraries, banks stores, work places, etc. We normally manage to place at least seven in Concord Center.  It would be good to have more in surrounding towns as well.

      The more come, the more ambitious we can be in the speakers we invite!
PosterOct.9.21.15.jpg

Here is the program so far developed for the next few months, for your calendar

    Oct 7 Wed, FP, Mark Golden and Jill Charney, “Voices of the West Bank and Israel”.
    Oct 8 Thu, FP, Movie “Pay 2 Play: Democracy’s High Stakes”. Invitation below poster.
    Oct 20 Tue, Small Group Discussion in Concord Public Library.

    Nov 4 Wed, FP, Marie M. Manis, “Compassion and Choices MA”.
    Nov 12 Thu, Small Group Discussion in Concord Public Library.

    Dec 2 Wed, FP, “Respecting Truth: Willful Ignorance in the Internet Age”.
    Dec 10 Thu, Small Group Discussion  in Concord Public Library.

   Jan 6 Wed, FP, Maria Greene, “Lifelong Learning for Free Using Internet”.
   Jan 14 Thu, Small Group Discussion in Concord Public Library.

    Feb 3 Wed, FP, Stephanie Keep, “Evolution Misconceptions Keep Waters Muddied”.
    Feb 11 Thu Small Group Discussion in Concord Public Library.

The Wednesday meetings are at First Parish, Concord, in Parish Hall, starting with Social at 7pm.   Use door at right side of main building from Lexington Rd.

The Small Discussion Group will continue in the Concord Public Library at 7pm, hosted by Paul Jameson. In October it  will be on the usual third Tuesday. From November on it will be on the second Thursdays.

We again pass on the invitation to attend the Movie: “Pay 2 Play: Democracy’s High Stakes”, on Thursday, Oct. 8, 7:30pm. This will be hosted by Americans for Economic Fairness, a group formed at First Parish to raise awareness and take actions on the Unitarian Universalist Association study action issue “Escalating Inequality”.  The movie presents the corrosive effects of Big Money on our democratic election processes in America.  It will be followed by a group discussion about the issues and what actions we should consider taking.

As usual, regular attendees are invited to bring a refreshment to share; and, of course it is a wonderful place to socialize with interesting people and make new friends.

Please see our website www.ConcordAreaHumanists.org  for fresh information, and more about us. The website welcomes your letters, articles, and comments.  Click on
"Event" link at top of page to see updated postings.

We always have a CAH Steering Committee right after our meetings, and you are welcome to share your thoughts, comments, and help with us.  Maybe we can expand our program?

                                               COME AND ENJOY
Printed 9/21/15

PosterOct.9.21.15.pdf