Reading bounding box shapes as input to 'label' layer

Manohar

Jun 19, 2017, 12:32:23 AM6/19/17
to Caffe Users
How to create a database to store the data of bounding boxes in case of object detection ?
Say for eg:
Image_1.png  has 1 object with co-ordinates [xmin1, ymin1, xmax1, ymax1, C1]  -- 'C1' is the label of the class to which the object belongs to.
Image_2.png  has 2 objects with co-ordinates [xmin1, ymin1, xmax1, ymax1, C1], [xmin2, ymin2, xmax2, ymax2 ,C2]

Given that an image can have any number of objects each object being specified by 5 values, how do I create a database for training an object detection model ?

Romain DAMBREVILLE

Jun 19, 2017, 3:05:18 AM6/19/17
to Caffe Users
Hi,
I don't know what network you are using, but in my case (faster-rcnn) I followed this tuto https://huangying-zhan.github.io/2016/09/22/detection-faster-rcnn.html#Training%20on%20new%20dataset, and took the dataset as an example.
Look at the Annotation folder in root_folder/data/VOCdevkit/VOC2007/, you will find all the xml files containing annotations (labels).
Then I reproduced the same format for my data and managed to feed it by editing some of the python files (cf tuto).
Hope it can help you.
Romain

Manohar

Jun 19, 2017, 3:32:24 PM6/19/17
to Caffe Users
I'm using SqueezeDet architecture and the dataset is PASCAL VOC

Manohar

Jun 19, 2017, 3:33:28 PM6/19/17
to Caffe Users
And the model uses YOLO loss function