Training FCN using pretrain ResNet model

Terry Chen

Feb 27, 2016, 2:28:39 PM2/27/16
to Caffe Users
I use ResNet50 model to finetune on Pascal Context dataset, and got only 31.41 mean I/U after 80k iterations, while I use VGG 16 model and get 33.7 mean I/U.  Anyone has same experience for FCN training with ResNet?

Xin Li

Mar 5, 2016, 8:54:54 AM3/5/16
to Caffe Users
Hi, I wonder what's the batch size when you fine-tuning ResNet50, and how is the training speed?

What about ResNet101 and ResNet152?

在 2016年2月28日星期日 UTC+8上午3:28:39,Terry Chen写道:

Forrest Iandola

Jul 1, 2016, 4:48:27 PM7/1/16
to Caffe Users
This isn't code, but the following paper does a broad set of experiments with ResNet + FCN. I found it interesting:

Zifeng Wu, Chunhua Shen, Anton van den Hengel. High-performance Semantic Segmentation Using Very Deep Fully Convolutional Networks. arXiv:1604.04339, 2016.

Howard Mahé

Jan 13, 2017, 4:07:27 PM1/13/17
to Caffe Users
Hi Terry,

I'm also trying to train FCN with ResNet50. Did you succeed in integrating ResNet50 inside the skip architecture of FCN-8s ?
I still get some issues with crop layer due to 'noninteger crop offset'. I believe the source of this noninteger offset issue remains in the conv3, slide2 layer in ResNet.

So, if anybody ever succeed in generating a prototxt of ResNet50 (or more) inside FCN with skip architecture, please let me know.

ido ariav

Mar 23, 2017, 3:04:25 PM3/23/17
to Caffe Users
Hi,
just to bump this topic.
has anyone succeeded in using ResNet as the base network for FCN and care to share a prototxt??
thanks

Laurent Denoue

May 23, 2017, 10:25:28 AM5/23/17
to Caffe Users