protobuf and libprotobuf-dev

cong anh pham

Aug 16, 2018, 11:30:04 PM8/16/18
to Caffe Users
I get an error when running train:

[libprotobuf FATAL google/protobuf/stubs/common.cc:67] This program requires version 3.6.1 of the Protocol Buffer runtime library, but the installed version is 3.0.0.  Please update your library.  If you compiled the program yourself, make sure that your headers are from the same version of Protocol Buffers as your link-time library.  (Version verification failed in "google/protobuf/descriptor.pb.cc".)
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'google::protobuf::FatalException'

I run: pip3 show protobuf -> it's version is 3.6.1. But when i run: protoc --version -> it is libprotoc 3.0.0. I try rebuild caffe, also uninstall protobuf in pip3 in order to synchronize version of protobuf and libprotoc in version 3.0.0, this error still come....

Will anyone help me solver this problem? Thank you for help!

Przemek D

Aug 20, 2018, 7:01:28 AM8/20/18
to Caffe Users
A similar problem was discussed in issue #5711 on Github, see answers by mkaraki48 and hieudt-pixels especially.