Save snapshot only if performance improves

ada...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2014, 6:23:37 AM7/31/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I used to work with cuda-convnet, and it would only save a snapshot of the net when the validation error would reach a new minimum. At the moment with caffe, a snapshot gets saved every fixed interval. If the interval is too small, too much space gets taken up; if it is too large, I am afraid of missing the global validation error minimum (since the net will eventually overfit).
Is there a way of getting the snapshot to save like cuda-convnet? Or is there a fork that achieves this?
Best wishes,
Alex

Lifeng Hua

Jun 18, 2015, 4:32:35 AM6/18/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Alexandre,

I have the same problem as you, so I want to know if you have finished your problem。

Lifeng

在 2014年7月31日星期四 UTC+8下午6:23:37,Alexandre Dalyac写道:

Axel Angel

Jun 19, 2015, 8:04:34 AM6/19/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
I think this deserves to be implemented. I also find the current solution a bit awkward sometimes. If there is no solution, try making an issue on github.