Upgrade .prototxt and model from cold-brew to RC3

ma...@markable.us

Jul 28, 2016, 3:53:08 PM7/28/16
to Caffe Users
I have an old model and .prototxt file that was created with Caffe cold-brew. Most of my projects now use Caffe RC3. Is there a tool or an easy way to update the files to be compatible with Caffe RC3?

Evan Shelhamer

Jul 29, 2016, 9:01:55 PM7/29/16
to ma...@markable.us, Caffe Users
Caffe automatically upgrades old model definitions (prototxt) and weights (caffemodel), but it's best to do it yourself once so that it doesn't have to go through the process every time. See the upgrade_net_proto_text and upgrade_net_proto_binary tools in caffe/tools.

Evan Shelhamer

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 12:53 PM, <ma...@markable.us> wrote:
I have an old model and .prototxt file that was created with Caffe cold-brew. Most of my projects now use Caffe RC3. Is there a tool or an easy way to update the files to be compatible with Caffe RC3?

Bhadresh Dhanani

Aug 12, 2016, 2:47:31 PM8/12/16
to Caffe Users, ma...@markable.us
Hi Evan,

Thank you for pointing us into right direction. While using those upgrade_net_proto_text tools in caffe/tools, I got this error.
`

[libprotobuf ERROR google/protobuf/text_format.cc:245] Error parsing text-format caffe.NetParameter: 36:3: Unknown enumeration value of "CCCP" for field "type".
`

Do you have any thoughts about this issue ?

Thanks