Mentors for GSOC 2016

sahil tapiawala

Feb 17, 2016, 2:34:21 PM2/17/16
to Caffe Users
I am a 4th-year undergraduate student at BITS Goa, India. I would like to contribute to Caffe as part of GSOC 2016.

I have prior programming experience in R and am also an instructor for 'Introduction to Machine Learning' where I teach a group of 40 students various concepts in Machine Learning based on the R programming Language. I have previously worked as a Research Assistant at NTU, Singapore where I developed a high-speed neural network based classifier for On-line sequential data. This algorithm provides results commensurate with Batch Learning Techniques. The results have been submitted to IEEE IJCNN 2016.

As mentioned on the project proposal page, one mentor with expertise in the development of R packages and one mentor with experience in the Caffe C++ code would be ideal. Would anyone like to mentor for this project?

Evan Shelhamer

Feb 20, 2016, 4:37:20 PM2/20/16
to sahil tapiawala, Caffe Users
Sorry, Caffe is not participating as a mentor organization in GSoC 2016. We cannot guarantee that we will have the bandwidth for one-on-one mentoring this summer with our research, internship, and conference involvement.

That said, we invite any interested students to join the Caffe community on github and the mailing list. Happy hacking this summer!

Evan Shelhamer