CROP

Carlos

Apr 22, 2016, 5:38:43 AM4/22/16
to Caffe Users
Hi!

I'm trying to implement the following example with the latest caffe master version available #4024 : http://lmb.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/people/ronneber/u-net/

However, when I try to run the *solver.prototxt on my data I always get the following error:
[libprotobuf ERROR google/protobuf/text_format.cc:245] Error parsing text-format caffe.NetParameter: 61:85: Unknown enumeration value of "CROP" for field "type".

F0422 11:28:33.794818 20956 upgrade_proto.cpp:79] Check failed: ReadProtoFromTextFile(param_file, param) Failed to parse NetParameter file: examples/Classification/train_unet_net.prototxt

*** Check failure stack trace: ***

    @     0x7fd8e1c0c9fd  google::LogMessage::Fail()

    @     0x7fd8e1c0e89d  google::LogMessage::SendToLog()

    @     0x7fd8e1c0c5ec  google::LogMessage::Flush()

    @     0x7fd8e1c0f1be  google::LogMessageFatal::~LogMessageFatal()

    @     0x7fd8e22ac63e  caffe::ReadNetParamsFromTextFileOrDie()

    @     0x7fd8e226f1cb  caffe::Solver<>::InitTrainNet()

    @     0x7fd8e22703ac  caffe::Solver<>::Init()

    @     0x7fd8e22706da  caffe::Solver<>::Solver()

    @     0x7fd8e2297553  caffe::Creator_SGDSolver<>()

    @           0x4111a6  caffe::SolverRegistry<>::CreateSolver()

    @           0x40a710  train()

    @           0x4081cc  main

    @     0x7fd8e0ec5ec5  (unknown)

    @           0x408901  (unknown)

Do you have idea of why could this be happening? Does the crop layer have a particular different "type" codename??

Thanks in advance for your comments!

Jan

Apr 22, 2016, 7:59:47 AM4/22/16
to Caffe Users
Mhm, either your version of caffe or the provided network definition is outdated. Currently a crop-layer is declared as type: "Crop" (note that type has a string value rather than an enumeration value). If the network and/or solver definition is in the old format, you should be able to upgrade it to the new format by running one of the upgrade_* tools from the caffe/tools subfolder.

Jan

Jackson H

Jul 5, 2016, 2:51:08 AM7/5/16
to Caffe Users
I'm trying to implement the U-Net as well on the newest version of Caffe on github. I get the same error.
Do you know how to solve it?

Alexandra MLODZINSKI

Jul 12, 2016, 8:28:13 AM7/12/16
to Caffe Users
Hello,

I am also implementing a U-Net and I have the same error. Did you solve it ?

Alexandra MLODZINSKI

Jul 12, 2016, 10:21:38 AM7/12/16
to Caffe Users
Hello,

I have found a solution to the problem :
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/caffe-users/kEJzMjNmO_M