Windows 7 or Windows 10? Caffe build for WIndows 10 differs from 7?

Ilya Zhenin

Jan 3, 2017, 6:22:54 AM1/3/17
to Caffe Users
I've bought new PC and thinking which system to get, Windows 10 or 7. For Windows 7 I sucessfully was able to build Caffe(and it was simple thanks to guys supporting WIndows branch), but now I'm thinking to move to 10 and wondering if you'll able to build Caffe there. It's kind of determining point for which system to get.

Bene

Jan 3, 2017, 7:08:54 AM1/3/17
to Caffe Users
Hello,
i was able to build caffe under windows 10. Its not that hard.
I was also able to build and .dll to include it to my visual studio 2015 project.

Happy coding!

wolge...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2017, 11:46:32 AM1/14/17
to Caffe Users
on Windows 10 I had no problem. Only VS2015 makes noises when compiling v140  (not VS2013 v120). Any direction what to do better?

Also I am using caffe in visual studio 2015 und C#. Which dll did you include? And managed or unmanaged?

thanks in advance.

Guillaume Dumont

Jan 15, 2017, 9:19:06 PM1/15/17
to Caffe Users
Hi,

I am the windows branch maintainer. Windows 10 is my main development platform so you should probably go for that.

Guillaume