Unable to add caffe to PYTHONPATH despite editing /etc/bash.bashrc and ~/.bashrc files to export?

Kwot Sin Lee

Aug 6, 2016, 11:59:28 PM8/6/16
to Caffe Users
I added this line:

export PYTHONPATH=/bin/caffe-master/python:$PYTHONPATH

to both my bash.bashrc and .bashrc files (since initially, when I edited .bashrc, it didn't work, so I tried a system wide environment variable edit).

I can only import caffe manually by running "export PYTHONPATH=/bin/caffe-master/python:$PYTHONPATH" in my bash shell every time I use it. once I close the shell, the path variables reset again. How do I fix this?

Thank you. :)