Compile issue: fatal error: google/protobuf/stubs/common.h: No such file or directory

deepak-

May 25, 2016, 5:01:37 PM5/25/16
to Caffe Users
Hi all,

I successfully compiled all the dependencies from source, and installed them in home/usr/opt (i.e not in the default usr/include).

When I try to compile Caffe with make all I get:

.build_release/src/caffe/proto/caffe.pb.h:9:42: fatal error: google/protobuf/stubs/common.h: No such file or directory
#include <google/protobuf/stubs/common.h>
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [.build_release/src/caffe/proto/caffe.pb.o] Error 1

(common.h can in fact be found in that location)

How do I make sure protobuf (and perhaps also the other dependencies) gets found?

Thanks.