Which Macbook Pro is best to buy for Employing Caffe?

Sudharshan Sakthivel

Jan 21, 2016, 10:37:48 AM1/21/16
to Caffe Users
Kindly let me know at the earliest which macbook pro I need to buy for employing Caffe to build Image Pattern Matching System.
Thanks a lot for your feedbacks

Regards
Sudharshan

Ashish Bansal

Jan 22, 2016, 5:40:19 PM1/22/16
to Caffe Users
I have a macbook pro. They dont come with NVidia GPU options any more :-(
so, you wont be able to train GPU modes on Macbooks.
Otherwise, my config is 8GB ram, 2.8GHz Intel i7, Intel Iris 1536MB, 512 ssd. It runs slowly, but is ok for playing around.

Jan C Peters

Jan 25, 2016, 8:41:28 AM1/25/16
to Caffe Users
As Ashish said: none! A macbook is really not a good idea if you want to do serious training. And for playing around (in CPU mode) pretty much any computer will do. If you are willing to invest some money, buy a cheap PC and plug in a GTX 980Ti or Titan X.

Jan