Build error on cuda file: caffe_cu_generated_im2col.cu

Jonathan Lefman

Feb 15, 2015, 9:50:21 PM2/15/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Hoping that someone can lend a hand. I'm on Mac OSX 10.9. Have a standard setup, including CUDA card and all libraries seem to be installed correctly. Here is my issue running from make:

[ 32%] Building NVCC (Device) object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe_cu.dir/layers/caffe_cu_generated_threshold_layer.cu.o
[ 33%] Building NVCC (Device) object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe_cu.dir/util/caffe_cu_generated_im2col.cu.o
Linking CXX shared library libcaffe_cu.dylib
  "caffe::PowerLayer<double>::LayerSetUp(std::vector<caffe::Blob<double>*, std::allocator<caffe::Blob<double>*> > const&, std::vector<caffe::Blob<double>*, std::allocator<caffe::Blob<double>*> >*)", referenced from:
      vtable for caffe::PowerLayer<double> in caffe_cu_generated_power_layer.cu.o

Please see the attached file with the full output from cmake and make. Thanks!

cafferesults.txt

Prabhu

Feb 17, 2015, 6:16:50 PM2/17/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
looks to me a linker issue finding  .dylib.  set the correct linker path to this file in macosx.

Linking CXX shared library libcaffe_cu.dylib

Jonathan Lefman

Feb 17, 2015, 10:19:04 PM2/17/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for responding, Prabhu. The issue is that this is occurring right in the middle of building cuda related files. Many other cuda related files are building properly, only this one "caffe_cu_generated_im2col.cu" is not building. Please see the file attached to the first message in this thread. Usually the message "Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64" happens when there are incorrect compilation / linking parameters. However the rest of the source is building correctly, so I'm stumped. I hope someone can take a look into this.

I'm building on Mac OSX 10.9.5. Happy to provide other version information if it will be helpful.

Has anyone else seen this happen?