output of eltwise layer

venk hioe

Nov 12, 2015, 4:26:21 AM11/12/15
to Caffe Users
Hi everyone,

I would have a question on the eltwise layer: what is the output of a the eltwise layer with two bottom layers, one possessing one channel the other possessing N channels? Will the output possess N or one channel? Or is there another parameter to define what happens?

Thanks for any advice!

venk hioe

Nov 12, 2015, 11:31:20 AM11/12/15
to Caffe Users
It is possible to concat the bottom layer with one channel among itself, i.e. creating an input blob with also N channels (channels are just copied), and then to do the eltwise operation. That works for me, but is there a more elegant way without adding an additional concat layer?