Getting error because of training images are different from testing images ... Please Help

Shrabani Ghosh

Sep 21, 2017, 1:15:43 AM9/21/17
to Caffe Users
In my caffe program, I have trained my neural network with 3D brain skull  axial ct images. Now for testing purpose I am using  3D axial, sagittal and coronal skull ct images.to get high resolution images output using  super resolution algorithm. I need to know will it be any problem to get output because I am using axial images  for training purpose and axial, sagittal and coronal  images for testing?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan R. Williford

Sep 21, 2017, 1:33:47 AM9/21/17
to Shrabani Ghosh, Caffe Users
Usually neural networks don't generalize to new types of data. If you want to test on sagittal and coronal images, you should also train on them. This might be less of an issue with super resolution algorithms, but I would still sample the training and testing from the same distribution. Since the images are 3D, I'm not sure what the difference between axial, sagittal, and coronol means. Are the images just rotated? You can apply rotation to the training data to augment your data.

Best,
Jonathan