Resize method not working correctly

Daniela G

Jun 14, 2016, 9:45:36 AM6/14/16
to Caffe Users
Hello,

I am using the resize method of convert_imageset file to resize my images. Today I noticed that after applying the next lines in python for my test set (which I guess that applies a resize method too), the image side borders get changed. Below are the examples of what I mean with the same image.

image = caffe.io.load_image(...)
transformed_image
= transformer.preprocess('data', image)

Does anyone know why is this happening?

Thank you
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Daniela G

Jun 26, 2016, 7:29:28 AM6/26/16
to Caffe Users
Anyone?

Christoph Reinders

Jun 27, 2016, 8:18:42 AM6/27/16
to Caffe Users
Hi,

I was struggling with a similar problem. Have you tried the resize function of opencv instead of imresize of scipy? Caffe is also using the opencv resize function.

Best
Christoph

Daniela G

Jun 28, 2016, 6:04:41 AM6/28/16
to Caffe Users
Hello,
I tried it now and the result is the same when using imresize of scipy.
The problem remains :/