blobs dimension and row/column manner

junli gu

Sep 20, 2016, 1:46:29 PM9/20/16
to Caffe Users
Dear all,

 Could some one help verify the following questions?
  1. Caffe blob by default stores the blob dimension as NCHW for input and output data blobs, and KCRS for weight tensors
  2. caffe stores the blob data in memory in row manner (I feel it is actually column manner, as cuBLAS uses column by default)
  3. I am in the process of transferring  weight blob from KCRS to CRSK for experiments, I treated the data in row manner and shuffled the data as i expected. but the results are not correct. that is why I am suspicious that i am treating the data manner correctly
Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks
Junli