Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load libmkl_intel_thread.dylib.

Yili Zhao

Apr 11, 2015, 10:09:57 AM4/11/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  I build Caffe with Intel MKL in Intel Composer XE 2015.0.077, and the build is fine.

  However, when perform "make runtest", there is an error:

  Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load libmkl_intel_thread.dylib.

  I search /opt/intel/mkl/lib, and validate there is libmkl_intel_thread.dylib in this directory.

  I also add this line to my .bash_profile: export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/mkl/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

  Does anyone encounter this problem?

  Thanks!

arun scaria

Apr 13, 2015, 3:13:27 AM4/13/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
I have the same issue. Anybody know the solution for this issue. My MKL environment variables are(MAC OSX)

MKLROOT=/opt/intel/mkl

LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/mkl/lib

OLDPWD=/opt/intel/mkl/lib

CPATH=/opt/intel/mkl/include:/opt/intel/mkl/bin/intel64/mklvars_intel64.sh

NLSPATH=/opt/intel/mkl/lib/locale/%l_%t/%N

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/mkl/lib:/opt/intel/mkl/lib

INCLUDE=/opt/intel/mkl/include

Thanks

Yili Zhao

Apr 21, 2015, 9:43:48 AM4/21/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  after updating the environment variables, now I can build Caffe with Intel MKL successfully.

  By the way, I have translated this tutorial into Chinese, and the Chinese translation URL is http://ylzhao.blogspot.com/2015/04/mac-os-x-1010caffe.html.

在 2015年4月13日星期一 UTC+8下午3:13:27,arun scaria写道:

Andrew Hundt

Feb 29, 2016, 1:10:58 PM2/29/16
to Caffe Users

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 9:43:48 AM UTC-4, Yili Zhao wrote:
Hi,
  after updating the environment variables, now I can build Caffe with Intel MKL successfully.

  By the way, I have translated this tutorial into Chinese, and the Chinese translation URL is http://ylzhao.blogspot.com/2015/04/mac-os-x-1010caffe.html.

I'm having this exact problem as well, does anyone have additional advice? Which environment variables did you update?
I've made sure nearly every place I can think of has /opt/intel/mkl/lib specified, and I'm still consistently running into:

Apul Jain

Nov 21, 2016, 4:02:19 PM11/21/16
to Caffe Users
Did you resolve this? If so, could you pls let me know how? I'm trying to install it on MacOSX 10.12 with no GPU.

Ye Li

Nov 30, 2016, 4:04:39 PM11/30/16
to Caffe Users
Use atlas instead. I had the same problem and switched from mkl to atlas. Problem solved!!

jzhang

May 10, 2017, 3:53:46 PM5/10/17
to Caffe Users
I have the same problem. I am working on MacOS Sierra 10.12.4.

Does anyone solve this issue when using mkl?

Karen Hovsepian

May 15, 2017, 1:40:38 PM5/15/17
to Caffe Users
I had the same problem.
I had to disable System Integrity Protection and then it started working.