How to reuse floating layers in caffe binary?

escorciav

Oct 18, 2014, 2:18:03 PM10/18/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using caffe binary (dev:branch from one month ago) in test mode. I'm getting core dump and segmentation fault because I have same floating or unused layers. Anyone knows how to reuse unused layers to avoid segmentation fault and/or annoying logs about uninterested info.

Details:
I'm loading info using hdf5 layer but I have several label fields that are not used. When I ran "caffe test ...", I eventually got a segmentation fault and noisy info about the unsused label fields.

Thanks in advance

Evan Shelhamer

Oct 19, 2014, 12:17:53 AM10/19/14
to escorciav, caffe...@googlegroups.com
Refer to all-in-one nets #734 https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/pull/734 for defining different layers at train / test time and SILENCE layer for capping unwanted tops.

Evan Shelhamer

escorciav

Oct 19, 2014, 1:24:52 AM10/19/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com, esco...@gmail.com, shel...@eecs.berkeley.edu
Thank you, it works like a charm.

Quickquestions:

a) Is there a easy way to know haw many bottom fields handle an specific layer?

b) Is there a verbose proto-key for HDF5-input layer? It's disturbing to get many "successful loading ..." if batch is ~ 500.