how to select specific filters from trained networks for train new network

Fariba Abbasi

Dec 13, 2015, 12:14:09 PM12/13/15
to Caffe Users
 Hi everyone,

I need to train new network using some filters of pretrained models like AlexNet. in fact I want to select some filters that I need. Is it possible to select some filters in my train-val.prototxt? If it is not possible how can I select them and train my network?

If anyone has an idea, we will be very thankful for any help.

Han

Dec 14, 2015, 7:50:55 AM12/14/15
to Caffe Users
Do you mean using only part of the pretrained model such as AlexNet?

In that case, maybe you can use 'net surgery' method to generate a new caffemodel from the pretrained model by only use the selected filters you needed.