Projecting a ROI into a net layer

Samarth Brahmbhatt

Jun 23, 2015, 11:20:15 AM6/23/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there a utility/PR in Caffe that allows one to project a ROI (bounding box) into a layer of the net? e.g. project a bounding box in the image to the topmost conv layer.

I am aware that Fast-RCNN and SPPNet do this, but having a hard time deciphering the formula in SPPNet's code (spm_response_boxes.m). For Fast-RCNN I can't find the exact position in the code where this projection is being done.

Thanks!

林子達

Aug 11, 2015, 4:48:49 AM8/11/15
to Caffe Users
Hi ,
Caffe had merged spp layer recently. You can write your utils.

Samarth Brahmbhatt

Aug 11, 2015, 12:10:06 PM8/11/15
to Caffe Users
Thanks, I saw that. The SPP net applies SPP to the whole image. I wanted to apply it to a bunch of ROIs. In the end I ended up using the formulas in the Appendix of the SPPNet paper, and they working correctly!