Contributing a new model to the Model Zoo

Gil Levi

Nov 22, 2014, 7:35:50 AM11/22/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a new model that I can contribute to the Model Zoo. However, I'm not sure if it's interesting enough.

Basically, I finetuned Caffe Imagenet reference net on the official CIFAR10 dataset that I've downloaded from CIFAR's site.

I got an accuracy of 92.61% using the center crop and an accuracy of 93.09 using "oversample".

Caffe moderators, please let me know if you'd like me to contribute this model. Perhaps it can even serve as a finetune example (using the train_val prototxt files).

Thanks,
Gil.

Caffe_User

Nov 24, 2014, 7:42:06 AM11/24/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Could you share a detailed demo of how to apply pycaffe to train a model? Because in the tutorial provided by official not include telling users how to train a model. Thank you very much!

Gil Levi

Nov 24, 2014, 8:46:29 AM11/24/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I actually used shell scripts for training. It's just a few commands actually. Most of the work is in defining the various definitions files (model prototxt files, val_train files for creating the leveldb).

Gil