Unclassifiable images

morten...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2015, 6:00:05 AM11/25/15
to Caffe Users

Hi

I am new to Caffe. My problem sound simple, but I haven’t been able to find an answer.

I have created a small model based on imagenet. The model has to classes (Cats and Dogs).

When I use the script (python/classify.py) with images of cats and dogs, the model is working pretty create. But when I give it an image of something completely different like a car, the result is fx cat 0.45 dog 0.55. It seems like the sum of all the classes is always 1.

I have been trying to use the script (python/detect.py), but it requires MATLAB to get the selective search working, and I don’t have MATLAB.

I would like to make a model that outputs true or false for each class.

I have been thinking of two solutions.

1: To add a class of random images named unclassified to trigger the images that can’t be classified the other classes. I have used that method on simple feedforward NN for facial detection successfully, but I don’t know well it will work for CNN.

2: To make a simple cutoff (in python) the makes sure that the class is above 0.99 to be set true.

There are likely a better solution than these two.

Have anyone dealt with this problem (it seems where general).

I would appreciate any inputs a lot.

Thanks,

Morten