Building Caffe on Windows for CPU mode only with Python Support

Tarasha Khurana

Oct 4, 2016, 5:07:15 AM10/4/16
to Caffe Users
I was just getting started with Caffe on Windows. I have to deal with simpler deep networks for now so I am sticking to the CPU mode only (and so have set CpuOnlyBuild to true). However, along with a couple of warnings (related to LevelDB which I am overlooking as of now), I am getting this error message on building Caffe.sln with VS 2013 -

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'python27_d.lib'

I followed python installation instructions as from here (I havent followed this yet as my build is not complete). Have set PythonSupport to true and have verified PythonDir to be C:\Miniconda2\. I searched this Miniconda2 folder in my C: but didnt find any python27_d.lib file however python27.lib exists. It would be a big help if someone could tell me what I'm missing!

Daniel Moodie

Oct 4, 2016, 10:18:08 AM10/4/16
to Caffe Users
Don't build in debug mode, just build a release version.

qzzqzz...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2016, 6:57:09 AM10/5/16
to Caffe Users
I download the caffe code from github of microsoft, and build in release version. however,  I met the same problem.

在 2016年10月4日星期二 UTC+9下午11:18:08,Daniel Moodie写道:

Daniel Moodie

Oct 7, 2016, 1:19:12 PM10/7/16
to Caffe Users

Tarasha Khurana

Oct 15, 2016, 2:25:03 AM10/15/16
to Caffe Users
Thank you, Daniel! Everything looks good now.