Jay Borthen

Mar 1, 2015, 8:58:28 PM3/1/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Anyone else run across this error in Python (shown below)?  It seems to occur whenever python tries to do "import caffe" but I can't find a remedy for it.  I've tried copying the symbol_database.py file and the google/proto folder into other directories that Python should be aware of, I tried altering the PYTHONPATH directly, and I tried different version of protobuf (i.e. 2.5 and 2.6) but, obviously, nothing has worked so far.

from google.protobuf import symbol_database as _symbol_database
ImportError: cannot import name symbol_database

Anyone have any ideas?

yangya...@gmail.com

May 12, 2015, 11:49:04 PM5/12/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I just solve the problem.  Maybe you can try

pip install protobuf

cause "sudo apt-get" install python-protobuf , there's no symbol_database.py file, but pip did.