all of the matcaffe problems

Cayley Rice

Mar 6, 2017, 12:41:58 AM3/6/17
to Caffe Users
I've had all the matcaffe problems I can find posted (here, github, stackoverflow, etc) and managed to follow the directions to fix them. Now I have a new one. make all, make test, make runtest all seem to go fine. I was able to train a network, but now I want to load into matlab so I can use it. I'm working on a deadline so any help asap is extremely appreciated! I can use different matlabs or reinstall whatever, I just need to be able to use the network.

MacOS10.11; Matlab_2015a (I was using 2015b, but there seemed to be some version issues so I tried 2015a); CUDA 7.0 (so should be ok with libc++). New to all this stuff- mostly work in matlab- so if you have any suggestions please be VERY specific in your instructions so I can try them correctly.

After changing the mexopts files (mexopts.sh and the two in the mexopts directory) to look for OS10.11 SDK, and making sure a copy of the SDK was in the folder matlab looks for, I am able to fix matlab to setup mex. However, when I make matcaffe, I get:

MEX matlab/+caffe/private/caffe_.cpp

Warning: Legacy MEX infrastructure is provided for compatibility; it will be removed in a future version of MATLAB. For more information, consult the MEX release notes http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/release-notes.html.

clang: error: no input files

/Applications/MATLAB_R2015a.app/bin/mexsh: line 1340: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk: is a directory

    mex: compile of ' "matlab/+caffe/private/caffe_.cpp"' failed.

make: *** [matlab/+caffe/private/caffe_.mexmaci64] Error 255

First questions from looking at this 1) why isn't it using clang++ and, 2) if that's an issue, how can I get it to?