Using independent DB with separate bath size for custom layer in test phase

Rick Feynman

Nov 17, 2015, 9:34:35 AM11/17/15
to Caffe Users
Hello Everyone,
I am new to working with custom data layers and I have a problem. Any pointers or help is greatly appreciated. I want to create a layer that takes as input the features output from the previous layer and an independent DB (lmdb/HDF5) that has previous features stored in it. Then this layer computes some statistics of the feature with each individual presaved feature in the db and outputs it as a top. The DB can be large so ideally we would load it in batches and output in batches however this bath completely unrelated to the batch size of the input. Is there a way to achieve this? How to write a custom data layer that achieves this? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Rick