DiagonalAffineMap obsoleted?

Jiaxu Zhu

Nov 11, 2015, 3:44:21 PM11/11/15
to Caffe Users
I am trying to migrate some layer implementations to the latest caffe.
And I find one problem that in these layers definition in vision_layers.hpp, DiagonalAffineMap are defined as

virtual inline DiagonalAffineMap<Dtype> coord_map() {
    return FilterMap<Dtype>(kernel_h_, kernel_w_, stride_h_, stride_w_,
        pad_h_, pad_w_);

There are also include/caffe/util/coords.hpp file which are gone in the latest caffe.
Is that because these functions are integrated somewhere?
So, to make old layers work, can I just comment these code?

Yancheng Bai

Sep 21, 2016, 2:38:14 AM9/21/16
to Caffe Users
Hi, have you solved this problem? I also met this problem.

Evan Shelhamer

Sep 22, 2016, 3:54:44 PM9/22/16
to Yancheng Bai, Caffe Users
`DiagonalAffineMap()` was from an older, experimental branch of Caffe. The master edition is handled by net spec and pycaffe. See http://fcn.berkeleyvision.org/ for reference fully convolutional networks that make use of coordinate mapping.

Evan Shelhamer