load individually trained models to parallel/ensemble network

Siavash Sakhavi

May 17, 2015, 11:58:09 PM5/17/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com

Hi

If we have N parallel trained models  (Which are not necessarily the same), each of them having their own .prototxt and .caffe file,
How should a prototxt file and solver be written in order to initialize a parallel network with each of these individual networks and concatenate their output blobs?

As an example, you can look at this paper : http://arxiv.org/abs/1505.01749 , page 3

张乐

Jun 29, 2015, 7:46:21 AM6/29/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I am thinking about the same question.

So far have you got any idea about that?

在 2015年5月18日星期一 UTC+8上午11:58:09,Siavash Sakhavi写道:

Evan Shelhamer

Jun 30, 2015, 1:40:22 AM6/30/15
to Siavash Sakhavi, caffe...@googlegroups.com
Call `caffe train` with a comma separated list of `.caffemodels` to draw the weights from as in https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/pull/1456 thanks to @jyegerlehner. Be careful that the models have layers with distinct names.

In more complicated cases you may have to do net surgery: http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/BVLC/caffe/blob/master/examples/net_surgery.ipynb. In this way you can assign whatever weights you like by loading multiple nets and transferring parameters through Python ndarrays.

Evan Shelhamer