WHat's mean of bottom: 'rpn_bbox_inside_weights' in SmoothL1Loss layer

Caffe_User

Jan 22, 2017, 6:46:01 AM1/22/17
to Caffe Users
Dear all,   I have a confusing point that in Faster RCNN layer configiure file,  like below defintion:
layer {
  name: "rpn_loss_bbox"
  type: "SmoothL1Loss"
  bottom: "rpn_bbox_pred"
  bottom: "rpn_bbox_targets"
  bottom: 'rpn_bbox_inside_weights' # ??
  bottom: 'rpn_bbox_outside_weights'  # ??
  top: "rpn_loss_bbox"
  loss_weight: 1
  smooth_l1_loss_param { sigma: 3.0 }
}

What's the meaning of  bottom: 'rpn_bbox_inside_weights' for SmoothL1Loss layer ?

Thanks you very much!

anand

Jul 11, 2017, 11:28:53 AM7/11/17
to Caffe Users
Hey,
Did you find the understanding behind usage of  bbox_inside_weights and  bbox_outside_weights in smoothL1Loss layer? It would be really helpful if you could guide me :)

Thank you