mattm401

Mar 4, 2017, 9:16:28 PM3/4/17
to Caffe Users
Hello,

In the past I have been able to successfully compile and use the Windows branch of Caffe:

I recently started looking into using fast (or faster) -RCNN:

I followed the instructions to set this up and run the demo and, like others before me, I've tried to bypass re-compiling caffe and pycaffe by using my previously installed Windows Branch. When I try to run $FRCN_ROOT> ./tools/demo.py I get the following error:

[libprotobuf ERROR C:\Users\guillaume\work\build_v140_x64\packages\protobuf\protobuf_download-prefix\src\protobuf_download\src\google\protobuf\text_format.cc:298] Error parsing text-format caffe.NetParameter: 350:21: Message type "caffe.LayerParameter" has no field named "roi_pooling_param".
F0304 20:21:38.188773 16356 upgrade_proto.cpp:88] Check failed: ReadProtoFromTextFile(param_file, param) Failed to parse NetParameter file: C:\Users\mattm\Desktop\py-faster-rcnn\models\pascal_voc\VGG16\faster_rcnn_alt_opt\faster_rcnn_test.pt

This is of course because there are layers included with the faster-rcnn that are not included in the Windows branch; however, I am at a loss for how to proceed because in order to get caffe to compile before I had to use the Windows branch and instructions which don't seem to apply to this case. Have any Windows users been able to successfully get either fast (or faster)-rcnn to install correctly? What steps did you have to take to install it correctly? Seems this issue has come up before, but it isn't clear if anyone has been successful at resolving (and a solution might help numerous folks out).

If I find something I'll post about it. Cheers!

陈东东

Apr 8, 2017, 8:33:10 AM4/8/17
to Caffe Users
hi
how do you solve this problem, I also saw this error on my computer?
Thanks

在 2017年3月5日星期日 UTC+8上午10:16:28,mattm401写道: