pycaffe support for multi GPU

Guy N

Mar 5, 2017, 7:43:10 AM3/5/17
to Caffe Users
I saw that recently a new commit was inserted to Caffe, that should enable multi-GPU training with Python interface/Python custom layers.
I can't seem to train a network using multiple-GPU from my Python code.
I cloned the updated repository and built Caffe with USE_NCCL on.
The commands I tried to use in my Python script:

    caffe.set_mode_gpu()
    caffe.set_solver_count(2)

The error I get:

> F0223 10:27:41.249380 23468 python_layer.hpp:25] PythonLayer does not
> support CLI Multi-GPU, use train.py

When running the script from the command line, it simply uses 1 GPU only.

Evan Shelhamer

Apr 12, 2017, 2:15:13 AM4/12/17
to Guy N, Caffe Users

It handles the multi-GPU coordination for pycaffe.​

Evan Shelhamer