Re: How to install caffe in Linux-x86_64?

Message has been deleted

Jan C Peters

Feb 8, 2016, 9:57:28 AM2/8/16
to Caffe Users
All the general steps are found on http://caffe.berkeleyvision.org/installation.html. Mind the links for the platform-specific guides on the fourth bullet. If you run into problems, please search the forum first, usually you are not the first one to have that specific error. If you need further assistance, respond here.

What distribution and version  of Linux are you on? Just a fair warning: Caffe is still in active development, has not had a 1.0 release yet and is by no means an out-of-the-box system (such as torch or tensorflow). So you probably will have to get comfortable with how compilation/development works on Linux, you might run into issues with graphic card drivers, CUDA, etc.

We are happy to help, but we are reluctant to answer questions that have been asked 1000 times over and over on stackoverflow. Indeed many questions asked here (especially regarding installation) have nothing to do with caffe per se and are more related to artifacts of development, like how the include directories in makefiles work, how you install some library etc.

Jan

P.S. sorry for the digression :-)

Am Montag, 8. Februar 2016 14:24:02 UTC+1 schrieb monjoy saha:
Dear All,

I am beginner in Deep learning and Caffe. I want to install caffe in my Linux-x86_64 operating system. I have downloaded Caffe files from github (https://github.com/BVLC/caffe).Can anyone kindly guide me step by step procedure of installing caffe in MATLAB?