Testing Caffe on ImageCLEF

Qiaosong Wang

Oct 7, 2014, 3:39:12 PM10/7/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Caffe and I want to directly use Caffe for the ImageCLEF plant identification task:

The training and testing data are scan images of the leaves (white background) with a species category. There are about 5000 training images and 5000 testing images with about 70 categories. Sample image:

My question is, should I directly use the imagenet model, resize all images to 256*256 and create a training txt file like this:
/path/1.jpg 0
/path/2.jpg 56
/path/5000.jpg 70

Then create the leveldb dataset, compute image mean and start training? Is there anything else I should be aware of or parameters I need to tune to achieve good accuracy?

Thank you.