training custom datasets

Abdullah Ibrahim

Feb 15, 2015, 8:37:58 AM2/15/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
i'm new in using caffe, i'm trying to train caffe for custom dataset, group of some images, i have created train.txt, my question is the second field in the file must be an index for the label of image or i can just push the label directly there as example: mydata/01313_e434l3JKtt6_600x450.JPEG 0
or it's okay to do this:
mydata/01313_e434l3JKtt6_600x450.JPEG bird

if it should be index as in first example, what other file should be created, i can not understand this part, can anybody please help me out?

William MacCombie

Feb 15, 2015, 10:46:04 AM2/15/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
I believe they must be sequential numbers starting with 0, each digit representing a different class.
Think of them as indexes into an array of classes. You would make another file to map the indexes to the class names, with your own code.