Understanding caffe library

Nyan Naing

Feb 14, 2017, 4:42:26 AM2/14/17
to Caffe Users
 I am trying to understand the caffe library. For that I run through step by step for feature_extraction.cpp and classification.cpp.

In those cpp files, I found out

layers, prototxt file, caffemodel, net.cpp, caffe.pb.cc, caffe.pb.h

files.

I know caffe is formed using different layers. So those layer files inside layer folder are used.

prototxt file is meant for the structure of a particular network such as googlenet, alexnet etc. Different net has different structure.

caffemodel is the trained model using caffe library for a specific type of net structure.

What do those net.cpp, caffe.pb.cc do? I mean how to understand their roles in forming this caffe deep learning network.

Thanks