make pycaffe causes ld: library not found for -lboost_python3 error

Temchenko Alexander

Apr 4, 2016, 4:23:45 AM4/4/16
to Caffe Users
Does anyone faced this issue?

Temchenko Alexander

Apr 4, 2016, 4:27:56 AM4/4/16
to Caffe Users
I assume lboost_python3 not installed, but I can't find any info on how to install it.

brew install boost - already done, but the error still occure

понедельник, 4 апреля 2016 г., 11:23:45 UTC+3 пользователь Temchenko Alexander написал:
Does anyone faced this issue?

Nii Mante

Jun 17, 2016, 1:09:33 AM6/17/16
to Caffe Users
For my system (Mac OS X) I had python3.  To get it to work, I had do a couple of things
  1. Run 'brew install --build-from-source -vd --with-python3 boost-python'
  2. Edit Makefile.config file in the caffe directory
    1. Edit the PYTHON_LIBRARIES, PYTHON_INCLUDE, PYTHON_LIB variables
  3. run 'make pycaffe'
Essentially I tell the compiler where to look for the include files, the library files and what specific libraries to use. So to give you examples, in the Makefile.config file, my variables were set to the following:

PYTHON_LIBRARIES := boost_python3 python3.5m

PYTHON_INCLUDE := /usr/local/Cellar/python3/3.5.1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/include/

python3.5m \

                /usr/local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include

# We need to be able to find libpythonX.X.so or .dylib.

PYTHON_LIB := /usr/local/Cellar/python3/3.5.1/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib

Does this help at all?

Josyula Krishna

Oct 12, 2017, 5:50:34 PM10/12/17
to Caffe Users