How to convert MRI images into lmdb or hd5 format for caffe?

sagar hukkire

Jan 27, 2017, 6:04:42 AM1/27/17
to Caffe Users
Hi All

I am doing image segmentation on MRI images with Caffe. I need to get the dicom imgaes into lmdb format?

Any script or guideline will be great help

Patrick McNeil

Jan 30, 2017, 9:23:12 AM1/30/17
to Caffe Users
The easiest way would be to convert them to JPEG or PNG file.  Imagmagick is supposed to be able to read dicom and convert them to JPEG or PNG.

Patrick

Evan Shelhamer

Jan 30, 2017, 4:25:00 PM1/30/17
to sagar hukkire, Caffe Users
Instead of converting to lmdb, it's most likely simpler to work directly from dicom while loading the data in Python. Here's an example Python data layer https://github.com/shelhamer/fcn.berkeleyvision.org/blob/master/voc_layers.py#L8-L116

If you have code to load your images and labels, you can adjust `load_image()` and `load_label()` accordingly.

Evan Shelhamer