Error 127 in compile softmax_layer

Antonio Paes

Apr 10, 2015, 10:09:45 PM4/10/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I`m new in caffe, and when i use the command make all in ubuntu 14.04 i have this error:

make: /usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc: Command not found
make: *** [.build_release/cuda/src/caffe/layers/softmax_loss_layer.o] Error 127

any help?

Thanks

J. Yegerlehner

Apr 10, 2015, 11:40:05 PM4/10/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonio,

The message: "/usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc: Command not found" is telling you that make tried to run the nvidia cuda compiler, which it thought was going to be an executable called nvcc located at /usr/local/cuda/bin, but it wasn't there.

So most likely there's something with your installation of prerequisites, namely cuda 7.0, as described here: http://caffe.berkeleyvision.org/installation.html. Beyond that it's hard to say more without more to go on.

Jim

Antonio Paes

Apr 11, 2015, 1:58:47 AM4/11/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Jim, resolved this problem, but appear other see you can help me:

 CXX/LD -o .build_release/tools/caffe.bin
.build_release/lib/libcaffe.so: undefined reference to `cv::imread(cv::String const&, int)'
.build_release/lib/libcaffe.so: undefined reference to `cv::imencode(cv::String const&, cv::_InputArray const&, std::vector<unsigned char, std::allocator<unsigned char> >&, std::vector<int, std::allocator<int> > const&)'
.build_release/lib/libcaffe.so: undefined reference to `cv::imdecode(cv::_InputArray const&, int)'
make: *** [.build_release/tools/caffe.bin] Error 1

I try add opencv_imgcodecs in makefile but the error continue, any sugestion?

J. Yegerlehner

Apr 11, 2015, 3:30:24 AM4/11/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonio,
Hmmm.. all that's obvious to me at the moment from that is that there's a linker error trying to link to OpenCV. So maybe OpenCV library is not installed? It's one of the dependencies in the caffe installation instructions.

Jim

Antonio Paes

Apr 11, 2015, 12:23:23 PM4/11/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

already install opencv, i'm use my laptop have a Nvidia GeForce GT 525 M, but I think which this is not a problem or this is? rsrsrsr

Thanks.

J. Yegerlehner

Apr 12, 2015, 1:16:59 AM4/12/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com

Hi Antonio,
The error you showed is a linker error where it's trying to link to opencv. Can't tell why you're getting it. If you are using caffe's Makefile to build, you could try the CMake build instead and see if it works. And vice-versa. Or you could make VERBOSE=1 and look at the linker arguments and see if the library libopencv* is really where the linker is trying to find it.

As far as your GPU, I think this link shows GeForce GT520M is supported by CUDA:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/cuda/supported-gpus?page=4

Hope that helps,
Jim

Antonio Paes

Apr 13, 2015, 3:06:05 PM4/13/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jim, but I install caffe in server with linux arch, just ran a script that installed all the dependencies.

but thanks for your help.