CURAND_STATUS_LAUNCH_FAILURE on Cuda9 and CUDNN 7.0.3

Sören Klemm

Oct 5, 2017, 4:13:48 AM10/5/17
to Caffe Users
Hi,

I'm trying to run caffe with newly installed Cuda9 and CuDNN 7. Building from source works fine, However, on running the tests I get:
Check failed: status == CURAND_STATUS_SUCCESS (201 vs. 0)  CURAND_STATUS_LAUNCH_FAILURE

I checked that the correct Toolkit is installed, which seems to be the case:
nvcc --version
nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2017 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Fri_Sep__1_21:08:03_CDT_2017
Cuda compilation tools, release 9.0, V9.0.176

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 on an intel i5-4590 and GTX 1050 Ti.
Anyone who can re-produce the problem or has caffe running with a similar config?

Regards,
Soeren

Sören Klemm

Oct 5, 2017, 8:20:52 AM10/5/17
to Caffe Users
Hello again,

I got it working now. Looks like the problem was some older CUBLAS(???) library entries that where still in the system path and messed up the linking.

Regards, Soeren