import caffe error with libprotobuf.so.8 cannot found

Yan Gao

Nov 24, 2016, 2:08:20 AM11/24/16
to Caffe Users
I clone caffe from github, make it and make pycaffe with no error. Now I can import caffe in terminal.
But when I run the script 'demo.py', one error comes out by tips:
...from ._caffe import Net, SGDSolver, NesterovSolver, AdaGradSolver... import error libprotobuf.so.8 cannot open shared object file...

P.S. My OS is ubuntu 16.04, libprotobuf.so.9 is in the system, but not libprotobuf.so.9

what shall I do to fix this?

Przemek D

Dec 14, 2016, 5:06:28 AM12/14/16
to Caffe Users
Have you researched other answers to this issue? Would this one be of any help to you?

Francisco Garcia

May 23, 2017, 8:48:17 AM5/23/17
to Caffe Users
Hey Yan,
Did you ever figure out how to solve that issue? Could you tell me what you did?
I'm having the exact same problem right now.

Thanks