Network slower with less classes in last layer

Ludwig

May 28, 2015, 11:30:23 AM5/28/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am facing the issue that training a network became several times slower, after I switched to a network with fewer classes. Did anyone experience that before or has an idea what could be the problem?

Both datasets exist as lmdb files with the images reduced to the same size.

Batch_size, crop_size and the other parameters are the same except for the num_output of the last (fully connected) layer.

Thanks
Ludwig

Ludwig Schmidt-Hackenberg

May 28, 2015, 11:51:36 AM5/28/15
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
p.s. I know, it is a strange problem and I assume, that I have overlooked something trivial, like not resizing the images for the lmdb file. I am thankful for any hints.

EyeEm
Ludwig Schmidt-Hackenberg
Computer Vision Engineer

EyeEm Mobile GmbH
Kohlfurter Strasse 4I/43, I0999 Berlin, Germany
Geschäftsführer: Florian Meissner & Lorenz Aschoff
Handelsregister Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRBI3253I