ubuntu reboot suddenly

5440...@qq.com

Sep 12, 2014, 3:45:58 AM9/12/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I have met a strange problem. And I have costed 2 weeks to search for a solution.
I used the rcnn(https://github.com/rbgirshick/rcnn) which call caffe's library , but the computer reboot itself suddenly.
Below is my experiments infomation.
1, ubuntu 14.04
2, cuda 6.0
3, Geforce Titan black
Can anyone help me?

PS:
1, I have monitor the GPU use rate, graphic card mem, CPU use rate, memmoy, EVERYTHIN is ok except the CPU use rate is 100%
2,
I have located the error code "caffe('forward', batches(j))"!!  But I don't know how to fix it.
3, I have tried to reduce the batch_size to 64, but no lucky !!

Cliff Woolley

Sep 12, 2014, 2:40:02 PM9/12/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com

It's possible this is a power supply issue.  Are you sure yours is sufficient?  And how do you have your Titan black connected in terms of power cables/rails?

Yangqing Jia

Sep 12, 2014, 4:18:06 PM9/12/14
to Cliff Woolley, caffe...@googlegroups.com
It is also likely that something overheated. I've got my GPU roasting my southbridge a few times due to bad airflow in the box (I had a microATX), and I had to install a better heatsink.

Yangqing

5440...@qq.com

Sep 14, 2014, 9:50:31 PM9/14/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for answer.
But how can I make sure my power is sufficient?

在 2014年9月13日星期六UTC+8上午2时40分02秒,Cliff Woolley写道:

5440...@qq.com

Sep 14, 2014, 9:52:09 PM9/14/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com, cliffw...@gmail.com
Thank you for answer.
I have monitor the GPU temprature, I think GPU is not overheated

在 2014年9月13日星期六UTC+8上午4时18分06秒,Yangqing Jia写道:

Cliff Woolley

Sep 14, 2014, 10:26:00 PM9/14/14
to caffe...@googlegroups.com

Comparing rated power supply capacity to the sum of rated TDP for key system components like CPU, GPU, HDD, and memory would be a good start.  But also check how you have the PCIe power cables hooked up to your Titan Black; using cables from separate power rails, if applicable, is best, and also prefer 8-pin over 6-pin when possible.

Echo

Aug 24, 2015, 2:24:24 PM8/24/15
to Caffe Users
Same here using caffe-future. I've tried different combinations of hardware and cuda but no luck. Have you solved it?