Segnet & Pycaffe - Displaying Feature Maps at Each Layer

Ish N.

Sep 9, 2016, 11:15:12 AM9/9/16
to Caffe Users
Hello,

I have studied the segnet turorial here:

And have found that during testing you can display the output images using the test_segmentation_camvid.py python script. I can see its use of pycaffe commands like net.forward() however is there a command (or combination of commands) to do a forward pass through the net, layer by layer, during testing (or even during training) rather than through the full net at once?

I would like to display the output (feature maps) at each layer rather than just at the end of a forward pass.

I would really appreciate any assistance or anyone pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you!

Evan Shelhamer

Sep 9, 2016, 6:38:42 PM9/9/16
to Ish N., Caffe Users
Our notebook example on inference and visualization demonstrations how to access and plot different layer outputs: http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/BVLC/caffe/blob/master/examples/00-classification.ipynb

Evan Shelhamer