Caffe with python layers problem, GTK 2.x symbols detected

Edgar Macias

Nov 30, 2016, 5:36:25 PM11/30/16
to Caffe Users
Hello everyone.

I had worked with caffe in my laptop since 4 months ago, in my implementation I use a neuronal network with python layers implemented on caffe. Now I'm trying to implement my network in a Jetson TX1 (To use GPU):

Hardware: Jetson TX1
System: Ubuntu 16.04
Jetpack: LT4T v2.3

After install Jetpack LT4T, I followed this tutorial to install caffe on the Jetson:

http://www.jetsonhacks.com/2015/12/07/caffe-deep-learning-framework-nvidia-jetson-tx1/

And caffe works fine with the networks with c++ pure code, but when I try to train my own neuronal network:

./tools/caffe train -solver ./path/to/solver.prototxt

I find the following error message:

(mod python:2729): Gtk-ERROR **: GTK 2.x symbols detected. Using GTK+ 2.x and GTK+ 3 in the same process is not supported Trace/breakpoint trap

Caffe runs perfectly in my laptop without any problems. So I can discard problems with the code.

I tried with the newest version of caffe and the version that I have in my laptop, but even though it compiles correctly the error continues. The same issue occurs when I try to import caffe and openCV from python, like this simple code;

import cv2
import numpy as np
import caffe
import cv2

img
=cv2.imread('share.png',0)
cv2
.namedWindow('image')
cv2
.imshow('image',img)
cv2
.waitKey(0)
cv2
.destroyAllWindows()

Searching in the web, I found that it can occurs because some libraries works with different versions of GTK, but when I check the dependences I received the following information:

$ ldd /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cv2.so | grep -i gtk
libgtk
-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0x0000007f9c323000)

$ldd
/home/ubuntu/caffe/lib/_caffe.so | grep -i gtk
libgtk
-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 (0x0000007f87873000)

So, both works with the version 2.0... When I use only the python interface with caffe the network works fine (for testing), so I don't know what is the problem or how I can solve it. Anyone knows how I can solve this problem?

Thanks a lot for your answers!, I really appreciate any information about it, since I've been trying to solve the problem for several days.