plot training/testing loss/accuracy for matlab interface users?

Hugo G

Apr 18, 2016, 2:38:58 AM4/18/16
to Caffe Users
Hi,

I am using MatCaffe interface for training DNN and was wondering how I could collect training/testing log to for plotting the loss and accuracy v.s. iter/time.
I see in \caffe\tools\extra there are parse_log.py and parse_log.sh for logs plotting purposes but how can they be used for MatCaffe users?

Thanks
Hugo

Ahmed Ibrahim

Apr 18, 2016, 8:55:06 AM4/18/16
to Caffe Users
parse_log (.py or .sh) will not plot anything , it will take the log file and generate two separate files one for training loss & acc. and one for testing loss and acc. both of them can then be imported into matlab easily using some textscan commands. you can even import them into open office calc and draw a chart .

Hugo G

Apr 18, 2016, 4:45:21 PM4/18/16
to Caffe Users
Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for the guide. I commented out in parse_log.sh the column name "' Iters Seconds TrainingLoss LearningRate " for reading convenience, also added ".txt" to the output file $LOG.train.txt  and $LOG.test.txt. Otherwise  textscan in Matlab won't read .test or .train files.

Thanks
Hugo

Hugo G

Apr 19, 2016, 1:52:31 PM4/19/16
to Caffe Users
Still I haven't found the command or function for generating loss .log for Matlab interface. For command line interface the command is "2>&1 | tee xxx.log" at the end, but it's unknown for matCaffe as limited instruction could be found.

Shu Wang

May 16, 2016, 3:08:18 PM5/16/16
to Caffe Users
I have exactly the same problem. No idea how to save the log info when using Matcaffe.

On Monday, April 18, 2016 at 2:38:58 AM UTC-4, Hugo G wrote:
Message has been deleted