Could not find url for MSVC version = 1924 and Python version = 3.7.

sosscs

Mar 31, 2020, 2:31:36 PM3/31/20
to Caffe Users
I've been trying to build caffe for a week now, but all attempts failed. I read many issues on github and coulnd't solve the problem.

I have windows 10 and visual studio 2019. I installed cmake and ninja last version just a week ago
.
I followed the instructions on this page :

C:\Projects\caffe>scripts\build_win.cmd
The system cannot find the drive specified.
The system cannot find the drive specified.
INFO: ============================================================
INFO: Summary:
INFO: ============================================================
INFO: MSVC_VERSION               = 14
INFO: WITH_NINJA                 = 1
INFO: CMAKE_GENERATOR            = "Ninja"
INFO: CPU_ONLY                   = 0
INFO: CUDA_ARCH_NAME             = Auto
INFO: CMAKE_CONFIG               = Release
INFO: USE_NCCL                   = 0
INFO: CMAKE_BUILD_SHARED_LIBS    = 0
INFO: PYTHON_VERSION             = 2
INFO: BUILD_PYTHON               = 1
INFO: BUILD_PYTHON_LAYER         = 1
INFO: BUILD_MATLAB               = 0
INFO: PYTHON_EXE                 = "python"
INFO: RUN_TESTS                  = 0
INFO: RUN_LINT                   = 0
INFO: RUN_INSTALL                = 0
INFO: ============================================================
CMake Warning (dev) at cmake/Misc.cmake:32 (set):
  implicitly converting 'BOOLEAN' to 'STRING' type.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:33 (include)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

CMake Error at cmake/WindowsDownloadPrebuiltDependencies.cmake:40 (message):
  Could not find url for MSVC version = 1924 and Python version = 3.7.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:77 (include)

See also "C:/Projects/caffe/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "C:/Projects/caffe/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
ERROR: Configure failed

Joseph Gregory

Mar 31, 2020, 3:24:17 PM3/31/20
to Caffe Users
Message has been deleted

Suhaib

Mar 31, 2020, 4:11:06 PM3/31/20
to Caffe Users
How do I use this? should I copy the whole file to anaconda3 folder? also, does matcaffe included there?

Joseph Gregory

Mar 31, 2020, 9:44:14 PM3/31/20
to Caffe Users
you want to extract it to C:\ directory, than add it to system env paths either through elevated CMD.exe or through system options in control panel, after that dependinfg on what exactly your trying to accomplishj with AI would involve your own unique choices of anaconda packages . and your all set , ive made my own isntructions here, they are the exact same for the prebuilt binaries you dont have to follow whole thing, only the first 50% of it is required https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XBctrqGxNFSnIeFpS5KilV7HHQnWDgUesHikJdtHRkM/edit

Joseph Gregory

Apr 1, 2020, 12:40:03 AM4/1/20
to Caffe Users
ive never had change to use matlab or matcaffe, it is an optional interface for the already compiled caffe.exe, so it stays as .M wheras the pycaffe stays as ,py engine. once you get succesful installation of caffe & paths configured, you will need to download the original source code or use something like git to be able to distinctively download only the caffe matlab folder, import it into your C:\caffe(original directory as shown on github) and than add paths one more time so matlab can register caffe dependenncies than use either matlab to run the .M as is, or if a .EXE is to be built from it, use cmake or ninja to quickly built it, since its a tiny component and not a full fledged framework that will be being built it shouold be relatively quick and easy to build.  if all go's well

Suhaib

Apr 2, 2020, 2:29:35 PM4/2/20
to Caffe Users
I have extracted them on C: drive. So now in the C drive I have 5 folders. I also made the evn path for each of the 5 folders. I opened jupyter notebook and imported caffe like so : import caffe and it gave me an error, it couldn't recognize the import module.

Also, for the instructions you linked, it has anaconda2, but I have already anaconda3, should I just do the step of the first part and that's all?

shibashis

Jun 13, 2020, 4:13:13 AM6/13/20
to Caffe Users
Try with either python3.5 or python 2.7

Developer

Jun 19, 2020, 5:08:24 AM6/19/20
to Caffe Users

Vivek Gupta

Jun 19, 2020, 8:57:51 PM6/19/20
to Caffe Users
Python 3.7 has some issues and bugs. please install Python 3.6 or 3.8. Then, everything will run as expected.